Friday, December 21, 2007

Merry Christmas!

In a day and age where saying Merry Christmas has become Taboo I say as loudly as you can in print MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

If you are like me Christmas is very busy. Very Busy! But what an amazing time of year! I am not a huge fan of Christmas Carols and the like, but believe me I am no Scrooge. What I love most about Christmas is Christ.

Now we all know that Christ was not born on December 25th. But it is the day that for centuries we have set aside to recognize the Incarnation of our Savior. What a great thought. I think the first chapter of John captures the spirit of Christmas the best. So let me just share that with you.

John 1:1-5; 14 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God (literally and God was the Word). He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him and without Him nothing was made that was made. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it....And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth."

What a great truth. The Coexistent, eternal Son of the Living God, layed aside all the glory of heaven and put on himself human flesh so that He might redeem those who would believe.

I know it is cliche, but Jesus TRULY is the reason for the season! I pray that you would remember that simple fact this Christmas season.

From my family to yours: God Bless You This Christmas Season!


By His Grace and For His Glory,

Bro. Chad

No comments: